To help protect the health of patients and employees, the following visitor restrictions and screening requirements are in place for all CaroMont Health facilities.
Health Screening: All individuals entering a CaroMont Health facility are required to answer health screening questions prior to entry.
Masks: All individuals must wear a mask (cloth or surgical) when entering, when inside and when exiting all CaroMont Health facilities. Vented masks, bandanas and neck gaiters are not allowed.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center
Hospital Units | Adult Patients
- Adult patients admitted to or receiving care at the hospital may have two (2) visitors at a time.
- Visitors may rotate during the patient’s stay as long as it does not create disruption for patients and nursing/medical staff.
Hospital Units | Pediatric Patients
- Pediatric patients and minors (under the age of 18) may be accompanied by two (2) parents or guardians at all times.
Other Hospital Units
- Emergency Departments: Patients in the emergency departments are allowed two (2) visitors at a time.
- The Birthplace at CaroMont Health: Obstetric patients in the Birthplace may have one (1) partner and one (1) birth support person accompany them during their stay. These individuals may rotate with other visitors during visitor hours; however, the total number of people (partner, birth support and other visitors) inside the patient’s room may not exceed two (2).
All hospital visitors must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Not have symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory illness.
- Not have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last four days or have a pending COVID-19 test.
- Wear a mask at all times when inside the facility; the mask must cover the mouth and nose. Vented masks, bandanas and neck gaiters are not allowed.
- Comply with all guidance related to social distancing and any other signage or direction from staff; remain in designated areas at all times.
Exceptions to hospital visitation restrictions:
- Visitors are not allowed for patients who have been diagnosed or who are being tested for COVID-19.
- Patients with the following conditions may be allowed more additional visitors, as determined by the treating physician and facility leadership:
- End of life circumstances
- Certain communication barriers
- Caregiver/decision making
Where visitation is not possible, family and friends are encouraged to utilize other forms of communication support for their loved ones, such as phone calls or video chats on cell phones or other mobile devices. Please speak with your care team about options for virtual communication.
- Residents at Courtland Terrace may have two (2) visitors.
- Visitation hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- For the safety of residents and staff, all visitors must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms/exposure and wear an approved mask at all times.
CaroMont Medical Group – Physician Offices and Urgent Care Centers
- Adult patients visiting physician practices and Urgent Care locations may be accompanied by one (1) person.
- Pediatric patients and minors (under the age of 18) may be accompanied by two (2) parents or guardians.
- If patients are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with a suspected or confirmed case of the virus, they are asked to call before visiting any CaroMont Medical Group office or Urgent Care location.